Monday, July 4, 2011

My Baby Sister's Numbers Match Today...

My baby sister is 33 today, how time flies, I do very clearly remember the day she was born...  my family worked together to give her a sewing themed birthday... her first sewing machine, a box full of sewing necessities... a good expensive pair of fabric scissors, the type that need their own case... she is a little "rustic", so I thought a felt case with raw edges would be to her liking, and I dressed it up with the totally fabby MFT Rolled Daisy, pressed out in felt, with a HUGE rhinestone in the centre... this sits over velcro, in my experience, the best closure for a case of this nature....

The tag was inspired by this month's MFT Guest DT Challenge to add A Touch of Texture to a project.... lots of die cutting with a good mix of their Die-namics, with a mixture of patterned paper, card, and felt in the layers under the sentiment.... and then for the swing tag I used two ends of a border punch and pulled them through my Xyron before adhering them together and threading some ribbon through... I thought we might just give her this... and send her on a little hunt for the bigger boxes... a bit of bright birthday fun...

I hope you like!

What's in it?
Stamps:  My Favorite Things: Well Worn Greetings
Paper: Prima: Madeleine; SU: Regal Rose
Ink:  SU: Purely Pomegranate
Extras:  My Favorite Things: Die-namics: Rolled Daisy, Dainty Doily Duo, Dainty Lace Border, Dizzy Border, Well Worn Greetings; PTI: Cream Felt; Bella: Rhinestones; Fiskars: Heritage Border Punch.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous case with such rich, yummy colors! Love the idea of a scavenger hunt for your sister's other gifts! Sew cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edna,
    I'm visiting your blog via WMS and your cards and other creations are absolutely beautiful! Love your work! You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing! Theresa Dendinger

    ReplyDelete