Thursday, November 21, 2013

Waltzingmouse Christmas: Day 4--It's Time to Decorate

Today is the 4th and final day of Waltzingmouse Christmas where the Design Team is showcasing Christmas stamps both old and new, and today we are focussing on decorations.

I am not a get the tree up early kind of girl, in fact unless Christmas is at my place I very rarely decorate at all... I know that's a little ho hum, but to be really honest I rarely get a visitor and have moved beyond the years that I would put the tree and all the trimmings up just for myself, but I can say that when I decorate I really decorate.  I have a rustic twig tree, and a plethora of ornaments that I have collected over the last couple of decades, some super expensive, some from far travelled places, and some from the desk in my own little creative space.  It is always really lovely to look back on all the decorations you have made over the years, see your progress and styles change and intermingle... one thing that really annoys me is when you buy chains of decorations and they aren't really long enough to loop around the whole tree from the top to the bottom, so I thought it would be lovely to use the Little Lanterns stamp set and the NEW matching Cutting Edge Dies to solve this little bug bear of mine.

The BEST thing about the Little Lantern Dies is that you cut 4 lanterns in one pass of the die cutting machine, and that they are all mirror images, which means you can stamp on both the front and the back of the dies, this way it doesn't matter if the decorations spin on the tree, or hang so that you can see both sides, they are both covered and all glowing and alight.

I chose a simple colour scheme of basic black lanterns on white, with red candles and yellow glow, this is so that it brings contrast to the many dark colour decorations already in the 4 large boxes of decorations that are just for the tree... these were easy to duplicate, and the stamps line up so easily with the dies, I am now seeing 200 of these little lanterns and feel all enthused to get out the decorations, but never until at least the 1st of December for me.... go off on your own little inspiration tour now with the other DT members making decos today:



What's in it? 
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps: Little Lanterns
Paper:  Bascic White
Ink: Memento: Tuxedo Black; SU: Ridinghood Red, Summer Starfruit
Extras: Waltzingmouse Stamps: Cutting Edge Dies--Little Lanterns; May Arts: Black Twine.

9 comments:

  1. Adorable!! What a perfect stamp and die set to make a garland with, Edna! They look so elegant against the greenery...very Charles Dickens-y, hee :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lanterns all decked out for the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful string of lanterns for the tree Edna - or even just strung along a wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute all together! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lanterns. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 200? Wow! Good job you've got the die or you'd never have fussy cut out all those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous selection of ornaments! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete